Work with us
Girls Are Awesome is a purpose-driven brand and emerging media platform. We create and collaborate on projects that increase female representation. Together with our growing community, and through social initiatives and partnerships, we create enabling conditions for change through culture, governance and tools. That means showcasing role models, writing articles, hosting events, recording podcasts, shooting video, developing products and talking with our partners about how to constantly increase female representation!
There are currently no open positions, however we’re always down to have talented humans on our radar, so feel free to drop us your CV if you think we would be a match made in heaven.
Girls Are Awesome are looking to fill the super important role of Sales Rep who builds and develops all of Girls Are Awesome’s D2C and B2B product sales activities and relationships, including growing new bizz, e-com and own retail channels. Girls Are Awesome loves its customers, and our Sales Rep loves to build relationships with individuals and buyers from a range of lifestyle retail destinations.
You are a goal driven humanist with a passion for people and sales. You understand and live through pop culture—music, the arts, products and brands. You are a conversationalist and love to build true relationships as much as closing a deal. You have a proven track record of wholesale sales performance in Central Europe and the Nordics and on-floor retail experience. You’re passionate about equality, social issues and making a difference (duh!). You demonstrate a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and teach; team feedback is a key part of our process. You have the ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail coz msitakes r a pain yes?
The role is a full time position based in Copenhagen, Denmark, starting asap when we have found our match!
– Building a robust, trustworthy and high quality wholesale business
– Understanding and accommodating customer needs while winning sustainable business
– Prospect, qualify and engage leads
– Maintain an accurate and updated sales database within CRM tool
– Prospect potential territorial sales agents
– Attending tradeshows and working with design team on developing the product line
– Tracking performance weekly, monthly and quarterly
– Leading own-retail sales in our studio shop (limited opening hours)
– Being a welcoming face of the brand in our studio shop
– Stock management and performance tracking
– Supporting the team to bolster e-com performance with strategies on comms, loyalty etc
– A self starter who also welcomes team dynamics
– You thrive in a creative and sometimes hectic environment
– Feedback is your friend
– Passionate about equality, social issues and making a difference (duh!)
– You take the phone when it’s an unknown number and reply sms’s religiously
Please send applications and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header: Sales Wizz!
Salary will be based on experience and skills.
We will be interviewing applicants on an ongoing basis and the position will be open until we meet our match!
We’re currently looking for a Graphic Design Intern under education
Are you currently studying graphic design and need an internship placement as a part of your ongoing education? We’re looking for a creative, independent and agile graphic designer who can join our super dynamic growing team.
We are looking for students who love to create and design. As a part of Girls Are Awesome, your tasks will vary wildly to fit our verticals of media and SoMe content production, brand and concept design and event production materials, all with an empowering and supportive approach to amplifying a more diverse range of female voices and representation in society.
In collaboration with our AD you will be producing a large number of varied communication materials. The work will take place closely with our team and external partners. You will be part of a casual and ambitious workplace where you can hopefully learn a ton. The main language is English, but we speak a beautiful version of broken Danish too.
– In the process of a relevant education which requires an internship placement
– Responsible, open minded, hungry, curious
– A team player but someone who can work independently and keep deadlines
– Visually creative and not afraid to try new directions or make mistakes
– Able to follow design briefs
– Detail oriented with an eye for typography and composition, capable of delivering high quality production-ready graphics.
We expect you are an fluent in adobe Creative Suite, further experience with digital design, wordpress, HTML/CSS/JS, photography, video production, etc. is an advantage.
The internship period starts as soon as possible, but don’t hesitate to apply if you can’t start before later in the year. Working hours and internship will be tailored to your study. There will be flexibility in adapting the guides to your education and there may be fluctuating working hours in connection with events. You will be offered an internship counsellor who handles monthly 1-on-1 conversations with you about goals, well-being and tasks. You get a free lunch arrangement. The internship is unpaid.
Girls Are Awesome’s studio on Kløvermarksvej in Copenhagen.
1st of July, 2020
Internship: as soon as possible or from August
Send to email@example.com with examples of graphic work, attached CV and the subject “graphic design intern”
We look forward to hearing from you!